tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 12 19:49:30 2003

Re: Job opening!

Some contemporary theories of cosmology, such as M-Theory, (a fusion of
theories previously identified as "superstring theory" and "supergravity"),
posit the existence of an infinite (or virtually infinite) number of
universes, and/or quantum superposition of alternate universes, either of
which would suggest that any possible reality exists somewhere, sometime.
It is my understanding that many modern physicists take this suggestion
quite literally -- that is to say, that a universe occupied by Klingons,
with personages such as Chancellor Gowron, actually MUST exist somewhere.
In this context, (and with the assumption that "past" and "future" are not
necessarily removed from us by a strict linear association), we cannot
actually disprove a contention of "reincarnation" of a future or fictional
personage; we may, however, seek to redefine the real nature of the
phenomenon generally described as "reincarnation".
Thank you for your message, and introduction of this topic!   Please write
again!