tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 12 15:48:49 2003

Re: Beauty salon

ngabwI' wrote:

It doesn't look like anyone's responded to this, so I'll add my cha' DarSeQ...

>I'm trying to communicate the idea of a beauty salon:
>
>   {'IHmoHlu'meH qach}

"building for making one beautiful/handsome"

This certainly works, though it wouldn't necessarily imply women as "beauty
salon" does in English.  One could also substitute {pa'}, {Daq}, etc.  We
have {chenmoHlu'meH Daq} "construction site" from the BoP poster as an
example:

   tlhIngan juHqo'Daq tlhIng yoSDaq 'oH toQDuj chenmoHlu'meH Daq wa'DIch'e'
   1st Construction Site: The Kling District, Klingon Home World.

You could (for variety) phrase it from the beautician's viewpoint, instead
of from the client's:

   'IHmoHmeH Daq

--
Voragh