tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 08 07:58:50 2003

Re: Opposite of -wI'

From: "Se'noj le'umaS" <[email protected]>

> >>We know that -wI' on a verb makes it a noun for the SUBJECT of the verb,
> >>but
> >>is there one for the OBJECT of it? that would come in handy...
>
> -er is the subject noun suffix. -ee is the object noun suffix. so bachwI'
is
> the shooter and bach??? is the person/thing that is shot.

No, there is no suffix in Klingon to do this.  You need to use something
more complex.

(By the way, the object of /bach/ is the bullet or ray that is propelled out
of the weapon.  You can also use the weapon itself.  The object is not the
person you're shooting at.  I believe this information comes from KGT.)

pu' bach HoD.

bachwI' ghaH HoD'e'.
Doch bachlu'bogh 'oH pu''e'.

SuStel