tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 07 01:10:42 2003

Re: KLBC: {cha'}?

David Hand wrote:

>Would it have been better had I not marked it KLBC?

No, that's okay. It was just not a "typical" beginners' question.

>Interesting.  I certainly would have gotten the fact that it is a verb
>by the little "(v)" next to the definition.  :-)

Yes, agreed.
These additional information is also to make the different meanings more clear.
For instance, there is burning "fire", and you can "fire" a torpedo, and also "fire" thrusters.
One can "follow" a course, or "follow" rules.

>Is this a correct literal translation?
>        Usually, a Klingon ship's main screen displays complex
>        information so that they can acquire targets.

Yes, it's correct. Good!

>That'd be "I display your glove on my helmet", correct?

HISlaH.

>(This time translating without first looking at your version.)
>"This symbol is the emblem of the Klingon Empire.  It is displayed with
>honor on the hulls of very many Klingon ships."

maj.

>Ah, another typo in TKD.  It's given as {-egh}, but used throughout as
>{-'egh}.  Noted.

Yes, that's just a typo. You can remember: there is no klingon word or syllable starting with a
vowel. ... Hm, wait, there is one - find it yourself!

>Yes, very much.  Thank you!

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH