tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 03 05:44:48 2003

Re: KLBC Dates and Time

chepqu' wrote:

> I have failed to find out how to represent dates and time in Klingon. How it is done?

I could do no more than show you the canon examples that have been sent to the list recently.
On the TV-show or the movies, they never used dates like "may third 2003", only "stardate 30503", so we don't know, except for the examples.

What I can add, is that whatever you take, it comes at the beginning of the sentence, just as any time-stamp (today, yesterday, last month ...)

{wa'Hu' vIHoH}
"I killed it yesterday"

{tera' DIS cha'-pagh-pagh-wej, jar vagh, jaj wejDIch vIHoH}
"I killed him in the Terran Year 2003, month five, day three"

Quvar
  Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH

Back to archive top level