tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 28 19:04:48 2003

Difference?

Just some clarification and opinion questions for ya...
What is the difference between the words /jaH/ and /ghoS/ (aside from the obvious definition difference wich are "go" and "approach, thrust, etc.")?  The reason I ask is because: first, I'd like to know if there are some sentences that I must use /ghoS/ with, and second, too often I find the word /ghoS/ being used when I think /jaH/ can suffice as well.  If I were to say, "Go to hell!"  Would I say, /ghe''orDaq yIghoS/ or /ghe''orDaq yIjaH/?
Also, and this is because I just saw this, what is the difference between the words /ghot/ and /nuv/?  Any special time I'm suppose to use one over the other?  What do you think is the most appropriate way of saying the word "people"?  /ghotpu'/?
Thanks!!

Klingon Warrior
taHjaj wo'!