tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 25 10:25:20 2003

Re: Pronunciation

----- Original Message -----
From: "C. Krottje" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: Pronunciation

> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:42:56 -0400
>   "Scott Willis" <[email protected]> wrote:
> %

Sorry, my original was poorly worded. I meant, for example, that one native
speaker of, say, Japanese will produce a sound represented by "n", for
instance, slightly differently from another native speaker of Japanese, even
if they were brought up in the same conditions, and use the same methods for
producing the sound. I was comparing native speakers of the same language,
not suggesting that there was a racial difference in the vocal apparati.

> Believe me, I'm learning Gaelic, and the
> phonetics of Gaelic are way more confusing - in my humble
> opinion - than the phonetics of Klingon.

{bIlugh. Qatlhqu'.
'ej Qatlh laDmeH Qu':
*feis*="fesh"
*samhain*="sow-an"
Holvam laDlaHchugh vay', vaj ghotvetlh vIvan!}

> %>
> %> Klingon Warrior
>
> C. Krottje
> Student of English Language and Culture