tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 20 10:00:01 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: DuQ (v)

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Friday, June 20, 2003.
>
>Klingon word:     DuQ
>Part of Speech:   verb
>Definition:       touch emotionally
>Additional Notes: KGT.

   Another common way to say that a specific piece or performance of music
   has a particularly strong effect on a listener is to employ the verb {DuQ}
   (literally, "stab"): {muDuQ bom} ("The song stabs me," or, in a more
   colloquial Federation Standard form, "The song moves me"). (KGT 71-72)

   Food also resembles music in that if it affects one in an especially
   positive way--that is, if the food particularly satisfies the eater--one
   may say {DuQ Soj} ("The food stabs him/her").  (KGT 84)]

A related quality is {nong} "be passionate", at least WRT people.

Don't confuse this with {Hot} "touch, feel" [physically]:

   {Hot} means "feel, touch", not "feel emotions". (st.klingon)

or "move emotionally" with {vIH} "move, be in motion".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level