tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 16 20:09:56 2003

Re: collective/sentient

cheesbro wrote:
These words (QaS; negh) are inherently plural. You need to use a grammatically singular
prefix.

I don't understand that, DloraH.  Why would you say, "respect it" when the object is plural.  Can you also find where Okrand would have said this, that way I can read it and study it.  The word /chaH/ means "them" if in the object placement.  I wouldn't say, /chaH yIHoH/ ("Them!  Attack it!")  I would say, /chaH tIHoH/.  qar'a'?  If the object is plural, why have a prefix that states the object as singular (regardless if the word in Klingon is inherently plural)?  Thanks for your help...

Klingon Warrior
taHjaj wo'!