tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 14 18:08:00 2003

RE: number of seasons

>DloraH <[email protected]> wrote:
>> ghItlh Quvar:
>> >Since we don't know anything about the klingon planet's weather, we don't
>> >even know if they also have four seasons (why should they??)

>> the main reason they would have four seasons is they likely have two main
>> extreme seasons (hot/cold, wet/dry, etc.) and two transitional seasons.
>> only if Qo'noS's orbit is (virtually) circular and its axial tilt is
>> (virtually) nil will there be no extreme seasons.

>But why should they divide it up the same way we do?
>With the weather we have here in Rochester, you wouldn't think to divide up
>the year into four even seasons. We have a month, maybe two, of summer; the
>rest is winter.
>
>An example, our compass has four main directions. Klingons have three main
>directions; chan, 'ev, and tIng.

I think it would be apropos that the Klingons have three seasons:
living, dying, dead (i.e. spring/summer, fall, winter in our terms).
Might explain where the whole "3" thing came from too.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729   [email protected] [NEW!]   VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||