tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 13 10:11:14 2003

Re: Star Trek monologue

SuStel writes:

> >ter'eS:
> >
> >Voragh:

[...]
> There's no rule-breaking going on here.  You're just not seeing the
> difference between a genitive construction and apposition.

It has seemed to me for a while that the pattern "name-classifier" is
basically the norm for Klingon. I thought that "name-ship classification"
in the case of the Enterprise would follow the same pattern, and thought
we had canon to that effect. Turns out we don't. End of discussion.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level