tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 12 12:20:49 2003

Re: Star Trek monologue

Tyler Fisher:

ter'eS:
> >> Shouldn't this be {'enterpray' 'ejDo'}? I thought we even
> >> had canon for this.

Voragh:
> > nImbuS wejDaq 'ejDo' 'entepray' ngeHlu'pu'
> > The starship Enterprise has been dispatched to Nimbus III. ST5
> >
> > tera' vatlh DIS poH cha'maH loS bong QongmeH qItI'nga' Duj tI'ang ghompu'
> > DIvI' 'ejDo' 'entepray'
> > A sleeper ship of this [K'Tinga] class, the T'Ong, was encountered in the
> > 24th century by the USS Enterprise. S15
> >
> > DIvI' 'ejDo' 'entepray'Daq Dajollu'
> > Get beamed aboard the USS Enterprise. STX
> >
> > Go figure.  As always, the Enterprise gets to break the rules!

SuStel:
>I see
>(a) no reason to assume that /'ejDo' 'entepray'/ is breaking any rule, and

What about:

   qIvo'rIt toQDuj 'oH tlhIngan wo' Duj pagh'e'
   The Imperial Klingon Vessel Pagh is a K'Vort-class Bird-of-Prey. S7

Ship type {toQDuj} follows proper (class) name.

   Segh: bI'rel tlharghDuj
   Model: B'rel Scout. KBoP

Ship type {tlharghDuj} follows proper (class) name.

   qIvo'rIt may'Duj mach
   smaller version of a K'vort class cruiser. KBoP

Ship type {may'Duj mach} follows proper (class) name.

>(b) no significant structural difference between /'ejDo' 'entepray'/ and
>     /qItI'nga' Duj tI'ang/.
>
>What rule has been broken?  I don't follow.

You're right, though, in that there are counter-examples:

   tlhIngan may'Duj, qItI'nga'
   Klingon Battle Cruiser, K'Tinga Class. S15 (title)

   ... bong QongmeH qItI'nga' Duj tI'ang ghompu' DIvI' 'ejDo' 'entepray'
   A sleeper ship of this class, the T'Ong, was encountered ... by the
   USS Enterprise. S15 (text)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons