tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 12 09:38:52 2003

Re: untranstvty

jatlh Quvar:
> Can one say that *all* verbs which are translated "be xyz" are intransitive?
> I noticed that most are, and I think all are. But I might oversee something.
>
> be green
> be big
> be honored
> be legal
> be wrong
> ...vs.

I'm familiar with about 0,01 percent of Klingon vocabulary, but I don't
think any verb that has a transitive *meaning* could be translated as
"be xyz". Unless it's a verb with several meanings, some of them being
transitive and others intransitive (like "shine" in English, hmm). I
don't suppose we have any such words in Klingon, but I'm far from sure.
Can anyone think of a word like that?

mulwI'

Back to archive top level