tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 10 07:33:15 2003

Re: I too need help with Vocabulary

From: "Klingon Warrior" <[email protected]>
> I don't really understand still...Is putting /jaj Hoch/ in front acting as
an adverbial to give a time condition?  To say, "while the whole day
happens..." wouldn't you place /jaj Hoch/ in the subject placement (that is,
after /qaStaHvIS/)?  To me, there's nothing wrong with saying, "He works all
day" (jaj Hoch vum ghaH).  It's like saying, "Today, he works," or "He works
today" (DaHjaj vum ghaH).  Please explain more...I am still confused.  To
me, /qaStaHvIS/ should be the adverbial if the sentence is really saying,
"While the whole day happens, he works" (qaStaHvIS jaj Hoch vum ghaH).  This
way, it's even saying that the "whole day" is happening (hence, is the
subject for the verb /qaS/).

You're confused because the sentence is wrong.  The way you've reworded it,
/qaStaHvIS jaj Hoch vum ghaH/, is correct.  majQa'!

SuStel
Stardate 3440.1

Back to archive top level