tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 09 04:34:04 2003

Re: TKD vocabulary

  From: Viktor Horak

  >Sorry to borther you again, but I would like to know the definitions of several words. If possible, please help me. In second part of TKD I found:

  >naQ - cain, staff (n). What is cain? I did not find "cain" in my English
  dictionary.

  My guess is that it is a misspelling of cane.

  >nenghep - Age of Ascension (n). What is it?

  The age at which a Klingon is first recognized as an adult and a warrior.

  >nentay - Rite of Ascension (n). What is it?

  A ritual of passage involving the use of painsticks - shown in TNG Episode - The Icaras Factor

  It is first performed when a young Klingon declares that he wishes to follow the warriors path, again when they are fully recognized as an adult. It is also performed on the 10th anniversary of a Klingon's passage to adulthood.

  >peHghep - Age of Inclusion (n). What is it?

  Never fully explained in the series, my guess would mark it as the age when a Klingon is no longer seen as an infant

  >pIpyuS - pipius (n). What is it?

  Another creature used for food. Based on the popularity of Pipius Claw I would equate it to lobster or crab.

  >ro'qegh'Iwchab - rokeg blood pie (n). What is it?

  Another food item

  >ruStay - bonding ritual (n). What is it?

  Almost like making someone your blood brother - only a little more binding, You make them a member of your family. Seen in TNG episode The Bonding.

  >targh - targ (n). What is it?

  A Klingon animal used for food and occasionally as a pet.

  My Two Strips of Latinum Worth

  Carol (Lady K'Lyssia) Hightshoe
  Don't Write What You Know; Write What You Care About--Passionately!
  Available Publications - http://www.klyssia.com/MarketPlace1.html
  A Study of Klingon Genetics (Where Did Those Ridges Come From?)
  Captain's Log, Stardate ...
  Midnight Song (Romantic Fantasy Short Story)

Back to archive top level