tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 02 10:00:36 2003

RE: Um, hello

DloraH wrote:
> > Oh, don't worry about that. I've already been around
> > the web, collecting all the words not included in the
> > dictionary. I've made my own personal dictionary on my
> > computer. It's got just about every canon word you can
> > think of. (Although the definition of one word,
> > noHva'Dut, still eludes me.)
>
>noHva'Dut?  Where did you find that?

It's a region on Kronos mentioned in passing in KGT (p. 26):

   In a divergence from the majority of Klingon dialects, the speakers of
   Sakrej and No'hvadut ({noHva'Dut}) do not follow this pattern. In these
   dialects, there is no reforming of the sentences for toasts; the subject
   always follows the verb. Thus, as toasts, {jejjaj tajlIj} ("May your
   knife be sharp") and {wo' DevtaHjaj ghawran} ("May Gowron continue to
   lead the empire") are perfectly acceptable, even though the verb ending
   with {-jaj} is not the last thing in the sentence.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level