tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 16 12:11:10 2003

Re: An Illustrated Text Book

I've often thought of something similar to this, or even the "Teach
Yourself (insert language here)" books, with accompanying CD, for
pronunciation. (That's one reason I don't speak much Gaelic.)
--Kash

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:54:39 -0500 (Central Standard Time) "Gennie
Summers" <[email protected]> writes:
>  > Some of you may remember the "texbook" I illustrated for the ILS
> which
> purported to teach tlhIngan Hol to beginners.  The first volume
> contained a
> cartoon illustration for each entry, similar to the guide to verb
> suffixes I
> illustrated for the KLI, only these were smaller and simpler
> drawings. > Also,  I'm sure many of you are familiar with the "Look and
Learn"
> language
> books; I have one in Russian. >  > Might the KLI be interested in
creating an illustrated text book?
> If so I
> would be willing to offer my services.  I feel that a book,
> something you
> can hold in your hand and refer back to time and again would be the
> most
> useful method for teaching the language to beginners, except of
> course
> hearing the spoken words.  Some accompanying sound files could serve
> as
> supplementary materials. >  > If anyone would care to discuss this
project, please reply on the
> list. >  > reH toy'rup tlhIngan SuvwI'. >  > Gennie Summers > DaHar
Master K'Zhen epetai-Zu-Merz > Klingon Strike Force

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!