tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 21:19:19 2003

Re: trademark and copyright

Instead of looking for ways to get around the copyright and trademark laws,
perhaps we should seek the permission of Paramount to allow us to use them, or
to convince Paramount that it would be to their financial interest to do a
project themselves.  Does anyone actually know who to contact at Paramount, what
the cost would be, and the process that would be needed to get permission to
use the trademarked and copyrighted material?  Further, does anyone know what
the chances would be the paramount would release said permission?  I can
certainly start a petition and some sort of officially authorized fundraiser in my
community and the college I am attending.  I also still have some of my old
military contacts who could tap the deep pockets of our servicemen (As a former
Marine, I know I always had extra money and time.  Besides, who better to
support the warrior race than warriors).  Further, a petition could be started
online at the KLI for instance.  If we send out the word to everybody on our
mailing list and beg them to sign it as a personal favor, and to pass it on to
their mailing lists, we can get something moving at least in terms of Paramount
doing the project themselves out of a projected interest and probable profit.
This may well be a task that Lawrence would be best suited for.
       Keep this in mind: the degree of separation from one person to the
world is 6.  If we find the right 6 people, we can touch Paramount at the core.
Happy Hunting.
-veS joH

Back to archive top level