tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 20:28:29 2003

Re: trademark and copyright

  Ideally, Paramount would give writers and artists of all sorts liberty
to do as they pleased, *so long as* it stayed within parameters set by
Paramout itself. For example, if someone were to write a story about
Ferengi, or a short film about Romulans, it would be subject to
Paramount-issued guidelines that would keep it "in the spirit" of all
that is canon. Note I say, "ideally". Perhaps this will happen someday in
the future?
  Paramount's legal hold on all things Trek is a two-edged sword. One the
one hand, it irritates us, like sand in unsavory places, but it is
necessary to maintain the universe. Because if one is allowed to do
anything with Trek, it ceases to be Trek...(did that make sense?)

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!