tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 07:40:58 2003

Re: Klingon - Terminology Databases (IMHO)

ja' qaS ngal-qaS:
> > Anyone up for making a "Teach yourself tlhIngan Hol in 14 days" or
> > "tlhIngan Hol for dummies"?
>   I agree. I think that would help a vast number of people; it would
> reduce the apparent difficulty level (note, I say apparent. no language
> is any more difficult to learn than any other except in the student's
> mind) by making it less "let's throw everything at you at once", and more
> "let's take this in some semblance of order".

I think you hit the nail on the head or... mInlIjDaq targh DaqIp ;)

TKD throws everything at you in one big ball and you have to make sense of
it. Textbooks on the other hand ease the reader into the language. Also,
some people have natural talents for learning languages, while others,
like myself, find it much harder.

qurgh

Back to archive top level