tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 09 23:28:57 2003

Re: /rI'/ (was Re: Kash jIH.)

ja' Lawrence:
>This is all well and good (and possibly even true), but it misses the
>essential point of Krankor's argument: interpret ambiguous terms from a
>Klingon perspective.

But the only "Klingon perspectives" we can be sure of are the ones shown on
screen, with additional support from specific print and audio resources
when it comes to vocabulary.  I can't recall any military context where
"storm" would be an appropriate term for a maneuver, but I can certainly
point to a perfect occasion where the weather term would apply.

If that indeed is Krankor's argument, I dispute it.  Star Trek usage,
especially in the movies, trumps an assumed Klingon perspective.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level