tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 04 14:46:53 2003

Re: /rI'/ (was Re: Kash jIH.)

From: "Klingon Warrior" <[email protected]>

>I use /rI'/ almost daily!  But I never took it as "hail" like on a
Starship!  I had always thought of it as, "hail" like praising
>someone or Nazi Germany's "Heil Hitler" or "Seige Heil" (aside from obvious
spelling differences in German).  "Hail
>victory!" "Hail the Empire!" Hagh, Hagh, Hagh.  I still think I can use it
as
>"praise, proclaim," but I'm glad my head got back into StarTrek here  lol

You probably can't use it that way.  It certainly does mean "contact someone
with a radio-like device," because /rI'Se'/ means "hailing frequency."

If you want "praise," use /naD/.  For instance,

ta' yInaD
Praise the Emperor!

Thus, use /rI'/ only for communications.

jagh Duj yIrI'
Hail the enemy ship!

qaH, rI'Se' luwaQlu'taH
Sir, hailing frequencies are being jammed.

SuStel
Stardate 3506.6

Back to archive top level