tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 22 11:38:57 2003

Re: RE: "to be" and plurals

ghItlh DloraH:

>Your sentences don't specify any numerical value other than "multiple".
>What if the captain orders you to fire three torpedoes?
>[wej cha] or if we shouldn't put numbers on inherently plurals, [wej peng]?

Maybe this is just my personal feeling, but I think it should be {wej cha} "three torpedoes", since {cha} is the
plural form of {peng}, right?

Anyway, this certainly is something that Maltz has to clarify, unless we find an example for this usage.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level