tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 21 11:46:59 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: quv (n)

> ... though there are certainly contradictory examples out there.
> E.g.:
>
>    batlh potlh law' yIn potlh puS
>    Honor is more important than life. TKW
>
>    batlh qelDI' tlhIngan, lumbe'
>    A Klingon does not postpone a matter of honor. TKW
>
> {quv} would have worked in these as well if I'm right that {quv} implies
> personal honor, especially in the last example.

(Not agreeing nor disagreeing with your concept, but just going along with the
conversation...)

I can easily see these two refering to the general concepts of honor.  Yes,
they can certainly work refering to one's own honor, but I think these can also
be general statements.

DloraH

Back to archive top level