tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 18 07:56:27 2003

Re: URGENT! VIRUS HAS BEEN SENT TO YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT!

Well... because you did not research it... you have now crippled your
computer by removing a legitimate windows file.

Next time *LOOK IT UP* before you delete it!

http://www.snopes.com

Any message that urges you to forard it on is very likely to be a hoax, and
as such should be checked out thoroughly before taking any further action.
The hoaxer in this case has just used your gullibility against you. He/she
has just caused you to cripple your own system. If someone told you that a
'zit' was a virus and had to be removed by using a knife to gouge it out,
would you? Let's use that grey matter between our ears for something more
than a hatrack.

T`chargh