tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 17 08:12:17 2003

Thank you for answer.(from Wajet)

Hello, I'm Wajet.
Thank you for answer.

>I received this message filled with not readable signs, so I must have
>deleted it.

It is because my name was expressed as the Chinese kanji characters.
I cannot change it, I'm sorry.

>Unlike humans, klingons do not say "hello".
>{nuqneH} is sometimes used as a greeting, but it means literally "what do
>you want?"

vIyaj, qaH!

>>japanngan jIH.
>maj. To avoid confusion, maybe it's better to put astersiks around the
>not-klingon word:
>  {*japan*ngan jIH}

vIyajqa'.

>>*'wa'jet* 'oH pongwIj'e'.
>But for your name: You cannot have the apostrophe {'} before the {w}.

I erred, thank you for your advice.
vIQagh, choqeSmeH qatlho'!

>>Your name {wa'jet} sounds nice ;-)

qatlho'qu'!

>>(tlhIngan pong 'oH *wa'jet*)
>Okay, now this sentence is grammatically spoken the same as the one above:
>"My name is X". Here you say
>"My klingon name is X", so there is not much difference, the easiest to do
>is just adding the word where it belongs:
>  {*wa'jet* 'oH tlhIngan pongwIj'e'.}
>  "my klingon name is Wajet"

I wanted to say is "Wajet is Klingon name(not Japanese or English)".
But I think that my explanation was not enough.

>You speak klingon very well so far, how did you learn klingon?
>loQ tlhIngan Hol DajatlhlaHlaw'. chay' bIghoj?

I have most Klingon-related books. (TKD, TKW, KGT, Hamlet, ghIlghameS)
A few is studied by self-education.
But for a Japanese, both English and Klingon will be studied to once, it is
hard.
Because the Japanese version of TKD is not published.
Of course, it's also KGT.

>If there is anything you don't understand, say it!
>vay' Dayajbe'chugh vaj yIja'.

I understood well.
vIyajqu'ta', qatlho'qa'!

vay' Satlhobqa' vIneHchugh, vIja'chu'.