tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 15 08:22:33 2003

Re:Re: Do not spam the list.

From: [email protected]
>> Klingon attempt:
>> *mailing list* yISoDbe'!
>that's an order, so use {-Qo'}
>   {tetlh yISoDQo'}
QaghwIj vIlegh.

>> Sujangpa' ghItlhraj yIpe', *obsolete parts* yIteq.
>prefix: {tIteq} "(imp)you-them"
jIDoghqu'.
I actually used pojwI' to check the prefixes, and mislooked.

>> (How can I translate "obsolete parts"? "notlh 'ay' "?)
>A verb used as an adjective, follows the noun:
>   {'ay' notlh} "obsolete parts"
>FYI, the other word order around, it would be a verb, meaning
>
>   {notlh 'ay'} "sections are obsolete"
>      or
>   {notlh 'ay'} "the section is obsolete"
I wasn t sure if "notlh" can be used as adjective, maybe I should read
TKD again.
BTW: Which books contain grammar? KGT?

>> Translation:
>> Do not flood(spam) the mailing list!
>> Before you answer cut your manuscript(post), remove obsolete parts.
>It's good you do give the translation.
I thought so :-(
If I weren t so lazy, I even might learn the language sometime...

Back to archive top level