tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 15 06:27:13 2003

Re: Do not spam the list.

> Klingon attempt:
> *mailing list* yISoDbe'!
that's an order, so use {-Qo'}
   {tetlh yISoDQo'}

> Sujangpa' ghItlhraj yIpe', *obsolete parts* yIteq.
prefix: {tIteq} "(imp)you-them"

> (How can I translate "obsolete parts"? "notlh 'ay' "?)
A verb used as an adjective, follows the noun:
   {'ay' notlh} "obsolete parts"
FYI, the other word order around, it would be a verb, meaning

   {notlh 'ay'} "sections are obsolete"
      or
   {notlh 'ay'} "the section is obsolete"

> Translation:
> Do not flood(spam) the mailing list!
> Before you answer cut your manuscript(post), remove obsolete parts.
It's good you do give the translation.

> (This part I didn t even attempt to translate, I m not even sure if the
> first part is  correct - I guess not)
Just try, that's the best way to learn a language.
And I can tell you that you will send perhaps hundreds of mistakes, but if
you don't *try*, you will never find that out :-)
Learning alone takes aa long time!

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH