tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 11 23:09:50 2003

RE: online chat (was Re: Help with Klingon.)

> ja' [email protected]:
> >Hello, I'm pretty new with the Klingon language and i was
> wondering: do any
> >of you have aol so we can talk online about the usage with the language?
>
> America Online is not the only way to chat.  Both AOL and non-AOL
> users can
> use ICQ and AIM, which work like AOL's built-in instant messaging.  IRC is
> a multi-user conferencing system that lets several people talk among each
> other, similar to AOL's "chat rooms".

I won't have anything to do with AOhelL, but I'm certainly willing to chat
via other means.  I use IRC sometimes.

> Some years ago, the official place for Klingonists to talk online was a
> MUSH -- sort of a cross between a chat room and an interactive adventure
> game.  It was unailable for a while, but it's now back in a somewhat
> abbreviated form.  There hasn't been a lot of activity lately, but I hope
> we can work on that.

I stop in once in a while, see if anyone is in; wait for a while, see if
anyone shows up.

DloraH

Back to archive top level