tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 06 11:24:47 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: SoS taj (n)

My source for the KCD was actually the word list provided by Mark Mandell,
when we went to Dragon Systems to have our voices recorded for the speaker
models.  It's like TKD, in that it gives a word and its definition, but no
commentary, nor do I know where, or whether, each word is actually used in
KCD.

--
d'Armond Speers, Ph.D.
[email protected]

>From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Re: Klingon WOTD: SoS taj (n)
>Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 10:28:11 -0600
>

>>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Sunday, January 5, 2003.
>>
>>Klingon word:   SoS taj
>>Part of Speech: noun
>>Definition:     mother's knife
>>
>>Additional Notes:  KCD.
>
>I've never heard of this one before.  In KCD is this a particular type of
>knife used by Klingon mothers - like the {ghojmeH taj} "boy's knife", also
>introduced in KCD - or is it just one particular mother's knife?  (I.e. Did
>Pok's mother, K'Tar, pull her knife on her husband's enemy, Vok, when he
>showed up unexpectedly at her son's {lopno'}?)
>

>--
>Voragh                            "Damage control is easy. Reading
>Klingon--that's
>Ca'Non Master of the Klingons      hard!"         (Montgomery Scott to
>Kirk, STIV)

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

Back to archive top level