tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 28 10:55:20 2003

Re: KLBC love

> Instead of saying "I love my wife," he might say /munongmoH be'nalwI'/ "My
> wife makes me passionate."

A question,
Cannot "I love my wife" be expressed as /bangwI' chaH be'nalwI''e'/? By this
point I should ask for a full explanation of the meaning of /bang/ since
Klingon seems so different to English that /bang/ may mean a subset of the
whole meaning of "love". May /bang/ be used for any kind of love that we
know about (for the wife, for the parents, for the children, for the
neighbours, etc)?

Qapla'
chepqu'

Back to archive top level