tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 28 06:36:03 2003

Re: KLBC love

> > >This puts me right in the beginning, without any verb for love.
> >
> > There are plenty of verbs you can use.  It's just that none of them are
as
> > vague and wide-reaching as the English word.
>
> pretend you're writing poety and describe the love.
> "She is the fire in my veins"
> etc.
>
> How were you planning to use the word?

/bang/ means "love" or "one who is loved". Are there any restrictions on the
meaning of that word? Thinking of tlhIngan Hol the same fictional way the
KLI seems to think about it; there should exist a verb for "love". It's just
that the Federation linguists hadn't discovered it, so there is much work
left in researching the Klingon culture. I'm just beginning learning
tlhIngan Hol and I don't have any immediate plan on using it. It's just it
seems like a very fundamental word. Unless tlhInganpu' never use that word
the same way as in "Federation Standard", it's absence looks like a
considerable lack. But what makes me wonder about this is that there does
exist a noun and yet the verb is absent, that's odd.

Back to archive top level