tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 28 00:41:51 2003

Re: Heavenly

jatlh Sangqar:

>tera'Daq juH munobpu' (ghaH)

>OR

>tera'Daq jIHvaD juH nobpu' (ghaH)

>Since what you really mean here is 'He has given me a home on Earth'

>This one:

>tera'Daq juH munobpu' ghaH

>has the same number of syllables as 'has given me an earthly home',
which
>may or may not be important to you - I don't know whether you want to
make
>it fit the rhythm of the original.  If you do, I have an idea for the
next
>line in case you get stuck.

Fitting the rhythm is important to me,
but my notes on the subject are elsewhere at the time.
But I'm rather curious on what your idea is...

(and I apologize to the list for changing the subject line
from "Earthly" to "Heavenly" somewhere in there)

HIvqa' veqlargh!

~naHQun

http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/purpleelaphants/

Back to archive top level