tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 23 13:57:48 2003

Re: New Member/Syll... correction

ja' qeyS:
>Could you give some examples of words that begin with a
>vowel (orthographically) and that start with a /h/, since I
>can't think of any...

honor, heir, hour, herb, homage, honest...But that's English spelling, and
has nothing to do with Klingon.

The only possible relevance is what to do with the anomalous suffix {-oy}
when it follows a noun ending in a vowel.  TKD suggests that {'} is added
before it, though from what happens "automatically" when I'm speaking I
suspect that {w} is acceptable much of the time, and {gh} might even work.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level