tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 28 10:52:31 2003

Re: KLBC: How would you say.... ....in Klingon?

-marqoS wrote:
>I've added KLBC to the subject so the Beginners' Grammarian
>will jump in here.  Meanwhile, I'll take a crack at your phrases:

I'm not the BG either, but a bit of canon will answer this question.

> > Meet me at $ at #### hours.
>I'm not sure we know how to tell time in Klingon yet, but I'm not up
>on the latest discoveries.  But just "Meet me at $" would be "$Daq HIghom".

Telling time is easy.  (Asking the time is more complicated!)  Clock time
is just a time stamp:

   vagh rep bImejnIS.
   Check out time is five a.m. (CK)
   ("You must leave at five hundred hours.")

It works the same way as larger units of time:

   wa'leS jIchegh.
   Tomorrow I will return.  (KGT)

Thus:

   wa'maH Hutvatlh rep HIghom!
   Meet me at seven p.m. (nineteen hundred hours)!

And you can combine a time with a place stamp.  E.g.:

   wa'maH Hutvatlh rep tachDaq HIghom!
   Meet me in the bar at seven p.m.!

--
Voragh