tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 26 16:10:03 2003

Re: re:KLBC vISopwI'

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tree d'Eris" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 10:35 AM
Subject: re:KLBC vISopwI'

> "vegan"'e' vImugh vIneH. QaHlaH'a' vay'.
> ( I want to translate "vegan". Is anyone able to help ? )

I don't see where a Klingon would have need of such a word.
A Klingon vegetarian, let alone a vegan, would be like a passionate Vulcan,
or a straightforward Japanese. In the case of the Japanese, the culture does
not condone that particular behavior, and in the case of the Vulcan, they
just don't write them that way.

The only idea I can come up with (I've been thinking about this, too) is

{tI SopwI'}or {tI neH SopwI'}

But I don't think this communicates the idea of the TOTAL exclusion of the
consumption, purchase, and use of animal products that vegan brings to it's
english meaning. Perhaps {Ha'DIbaH lo'Qo'wI'}, but I can't shake the feeling
that those words can't be mashed together like that to mean "One who refuses
to use animals".
I'm sure others will give opinions.

--ngabwI'
HovpoH juHDaq: