tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 25 15:55:00 2003

re:KLBC vISopwI'

yI'Ij Sangqar.
Ha'DIbaH SopwI'pu' vIparbe' 'ej vInIvbe.
"vegetarian"pu' vIvoqbe'. ghobchajmo' Ha'DIbaH luSopbe' 'ach DarghchajvaD
bechtaH lubuSHa'qang.
nom SoptaHmeH Hegh Ha'DIbaH.
nIm Du'Daq nom Heghbe' Ha'DIbaH.
qatIchpu'be' 'ach Hoch "vegan"pu' DatIchtaH. Ha'DIbaH DaSop neH 'e'
Damaqpu'. teHchu' mumeylij 'ach Ha'DIbaH bechqu'ghach Daleghbe'.
ghob DahachDI' HIjatlh.

(should the beginners grammarian wish to check my meaning - here is what I
think I've written, in English -
listen to me, Sangqar. I niether dislike, nor am better than meat eaters. I
do not trust vegetarians. Due to their ethics they do not eat meat but for
their tea they are willing to ignore suffering. For eating, animals die
quickly. At dairy farms animals do not die quickly.
I did not insult you but you insult all vegans. You proclaimed that you
merely eat meat. Your words are true but you ignore the suffering of
animals. Tell me when you develope ethics.)

(It was never my intent to get into all this - I just wanted to know if
there is a clear way to say "vegan" in klingon. My sincere apologies to
anyone who finds such discussion inappropriate.)

Express yourself with cool emoticons http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Back to archive top level