tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 26 08:30:49 2003

Re: KLBC vISopwI'

taghwI' jIH. naDev jIlaDpu' 'ach not jIghItlhpu'.
*TKD* vIghajbe', 'ach tlhIngan Hol ghunghachmey (mu'
HaqwI', pojwI', Kliflash) vIghaj.

*vegan*pu' boja'chuq [lughHa''a' pabwIj?] 'e' vIlegh.
*vegan* jIH je. Ha'DIbaH vIbechmoH 'e' vIneHbe'. 'ach
Ha'DIbaH (nIm) SopwI'pu' vIparbe'. jIHvaD Dajqu' ghob.
QaQmeH bInIDchugh, vaj bIQaQ. Hoch DabelmoHlaHbe'; reH
Qoch vay'. vuDwIj 'oH.

Obviously, I'm a beginner. I've been lurking on the
digest version of this mailing list for a month or
two. I don't have TKD, but I do have a few Klingon
programs (I still need to look up almost 80 % of the
words I read/use).

I'll try to translate the vegan stuff now:
I saw that you discuss vegans. [I remember reading
something about the use of ja'chuq, but not the
result.] I'm a vegan, too. I don't want to make
animals suffer. However I don't dislike meat (or milk)
eaters. I'm very interested in ethics. If you try to
be good [in a moral sense], then you are good. You
can't please everyone; there's always someone who
disagrees. That's my opinion.

JR

[groovy Klingon name coming up, stay tuned]