tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 20 19:25:59 2003

RE: qatlh vay' vInuQ :)

> > /qon/ seems to be more of an audio/musical concept, IMHO, so I'm not
sure
> > that's what you want.
>
> /qon/ "record" is also used for "compose" (Klingon songs are considered to
> already exist; the composer simply finds out what they are and records
> them.)  I'm not certain that it can be used outside of song
> references, and
> for that I apologize.  But given that we know that /ghItlh/ means
> the act of
> writing, not the thinking up of new material, and /gher/ means to compile
> pre-existing data, there's a good chance that /qon/ would apply to
> message-writing, too.

Canon example:
qun qon charghwI'pu''e'.
History is written by the victors. [TKW p179]

/qon/, /gher/, and /ghItlh/ are explained in HolQeD Mar 99, p8-9

I don't have that HolQeD in electronic form and don't want to type it all,
you can read it yourself, if you don't have it, shame on you.

That HolQeD states that /qon/ is not just for songs and poems.
It is possible to /qon/ or /gher/ a message.  Usually it is /gher/.  I am
not positive which would be used for SuSvaj's sentence.  But the point is,
it is possible.

DloraH

Back to archive top level