tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 16 11:24:23 2003

Re: 'aH tIQ

At 02:16 PM 4/15/03 -0400, you wrote:

> > Thus, "QublaHchugh ghom'a', vaj qubbej wanI'vetlh" seems like a kludge --

I think SuStel is correct.  It seems clunky to you because you are thinking
in English.

>I don't think it was.  /wanI'vetlh/ seems to be referring to the crowd being
>able to think, not to the crowd itself.

I don't understand how this point could be at all confusing.  A "crowd" is
clearly not an event.  The only event referred to in the sentence is that
of the crowd thinking.  As for the use of /vetlh/ this makes it
specific.  I meant to emphasize the point that the event is rare.

SuSvaj

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level