tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 14 10:51:27 2002

RE: Description

> > > Gina 'oH pongwIj'e'.  cha'maH ben jIboghpu'.  Doq 'ej wovbe' jIbwIj.
> > > cha' Saj vIghaj. "glasses" vItuQ.
> >
> > And if you understand what we did here, then you are well on your way.
>
> the only part i don't quite understand is the 'e' in pongwIj'e'

In reference to Pronoun-as-Tobe TKD p68 tell us:

"If the subject is a noun, it follows the third-person pronoun (ghaH
he/she, 'oH it, chaH they, bIH they) and takes the -'e' topic
suffix (see section 3.3.5)."

This is one of those "just because it says so" rules.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level