tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 10 15:02:18 2002

Re: Klingon WOTD: ngeQ (v)

At 02:41 PM 9/10/2002 -0500, Voragh wrote:

>Cf. also the problematic sentence from "Conversational Klingon":
>
>   qIp'egh nachDu'chaj tlhIngan SuvwI'pu'.
>   Klingon warriors are butting heads.

In the {ghomqa'ghach} thread, 'ISqu' was wondering whether the possessive
noun suffixes (-Daj, -chaj, etc.) could be used before the possessor was
identified. I don't know if this example was mentioned in that thread, but
according to this example, {-chaj} does precede {tlhIngan SuvwI'pu'}.

Of course, this sentence literally translates as "Their heads' Klingon
warriors are hitting themselves", so take it with a grain of salt.

- taD

Back to archive top level