tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 05 06:50:04 2002

RE: grammAr check

IMHO... this is IN FACT just another example of English and it's tendency to make rules and then break them, or have two things mean the same thing, or two things sound alike that are different.  English is an awful language in that respect, and I've thought so for as long as I can remember.

That being said, I have spoken it all my life and because it's the most widely-used *Hol* on *tera'* we all have to accept its eccentricities, and do our best with it.  At least until we can ALL learn *tlhIngan Hol* well enough to communicate freely in it.

Meanwhile, we'll all say:  "HIvqa' veqlargh!" for those who err and correct them.

Oh... and "PLUMBER" has a "B" in it... ;)

rItlhmoQSuvwI'
Stardate 2679.0