tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 01 14:18:31 2002

Re: jI-x-ghach? (was Re: tlhIngan Hol lujatlhbogh puq'e')

ja' tulwI':
>tlhIngan Hol'e' qaghojmoH. = i teach you klingon.
>Qatlhqu' tlhIngan Hol'e' qaghojmoHghach. = my teaching you klingon is
>very difficult.
>ok?

No, not ok.

This example is very easy for me to reject, because it has a type 5 suffix
in a place that is not permitted.  The general case is a little less
clear-cut, but I still don't know why {qaghojmoHghach} should mean "my
teaching you" instead of "your being caused to learn by me" or "the process
of you being taught by me" or even something else which I don't know.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level