tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 28 09:40:33 2002

RE: Learning Project (hopefully)

-----Original Message-----
From: Quvar valer [mailto:[email protected]]
>>lujlaw'taHDI' jeghbe' 'ej mejbe'
>{mej} "leave, depart, to go away from"
>sounds more like walking out of the door, but not running away from
something.

>For "running away", klingons would use {Haw'} "flee, get out, to run
away", as in
>   may'meyDajvo' Haw'be' tlhIngan
>   A Klingon does not run away from his battles.

Hmm. Interesting that I should try to translate (mej) as "flee", but
failed to look up "flee" in the dictionary.  Of course, I meant...

lujlaw'taHDI' jeghbe' 'ej Haw'be'

>>jangmey Sovbejbe' 'ach DaqDaq leghbogh Hoch Hol yajmeH Suvqang
>{jang} is a verb, meaning "answer, reply".
>You can describe maybe the situation, like
>   {mughmeH Qu' ta'laHchu'be'}
>   "she cannot perfectly accomplish the translation task"

I must've thought (jang) was also a noun for a moment.  Your suggestion
is not quite what I was going for.  I wanted something more along the
lines of, "though she isn't certain of her translations and she fears
that they may be wrong, she is none-the-less willing to allow everyone
to see her actions, for better or worse."  How about...

mughchu' 'e' Sovbejbe' ...

janSIy

Back to archive top level