tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 23 02:15:50 2002

Useage of parmaqqay, loDnal, be'nal My earlier qustion corrected for spelling and terms

I have a question regarding the uses of parmaqqay, loDnal and be'nal. (romantic partner, husband, wife)

In e-mails that I receive between other groups I oftens see spouses refering to one another as parmaqay.

This does not seem correct in a cultual sense as there are specific terms for husband and wife as well as the bang pong (love name) which are usually private between partners.

I believe that refering to ones' spouse as parmaqqay would be seen as a denial of the marriage bond and therefore is a serious insult.

KGT seems to support this although not specifically so I would like to hear discussion on this topic.

Terran(English) responses preferred as I'm still a beginner

Back to archive top level