tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 15 22:25:02 2002

Re: KLBC--Sonnet "Live with me and be my love"

ja' baraSungey:
>I know that most of you do not like to touch poetry...

It's more a matter of not liking to touch someone else's translation of
poetry.  Good suggestions should properly address the poetic nature as well
as just the grammar, and that's hard work.

>but I am trying to woo a girl, and she loves that kind of stuff.  So I
>have found a piece that I think she will like.

Ah, "A Passionate Shepherd To His Love" by Christopher Marlowe.  I know it
well, but I will recuse myself from commenting on your translation.  My
copy of it has six verses; I wonder which one you're missing.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level