tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 14 11:10:27 2002

HolQeD PDF (was RE: HolQeD volume 11, number 3)

ghItlh SIqar:

>Has the thought of putting the PDF versions of HolQed online for members
>being looked at, this would cut costs of mailing and printing
>altogether.

We revisit this question every couple of years.

Hard as it may be for the people on this mailing list to believe, not all
members of the KLI (let alone the Klingon language community) has regular or
even limited computer access. A move to PDF would disenfranchise these
people.

You might then ask, "what about doing both? wouldn't that save money?" And
the answer is still "no." Until such time as the KLI membership experiences a
considerable growth spurt, it wouldn't be cost effective to publish the
journal both in paper and online. This may change, but right now that's where
we are.

If you'd like to see this situation change, the best advice I can offer is to
help us double the size of our membership, or find bookstores (or other
outlets) that will carry HolQeD.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level