tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 03 13:48:06 2002

Re: NSA lecture and back issues

At 12:54 PM Thursday 10/3/02, Lawrence wrote:

>Late Monday morning I expect to be driving down to Maryland in preparation
>for two talks I'll be giving at the National Security Agency.

Hmm, "National Security Agency"... wo' Hung tum?  Sep Hung tum?

>The first talk will be to a room of linguists eager to hear about Klingon.
>I'm very excited about this, as I've never had that large an audience that I
>could really open on about Klingon grammar.

Cool.  But why do Federal "spooks" (as we called them in in the Navy) want
to learn about Klingon?  I should think they have their hands full just
learning Arabic these days.

>The second talk is an hour or so later, as part of the official luncheon
>banquet. This was open to all NSA employees (though limited to a bit under
>150 seats). They'll get less grammar and more KLI anecdotes.

Let us know how this turns out and what they were most interested in,
assuming they don't force you to sign a non-disclosure agreement.  <g>  You
may even want to write it up as an article for the next HolQeD.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level