tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 24 12:26:42 2002

Re: "Tadhg" lIH jIH

jatlh Tadhg:
> "Tadhg" lIH jIH
> [I introduce Tadhg]

Welcome Tadhg.
> nuqneH, "Tadhg" 'oH pongwIj'e'.
> [Greetings, My name is Tadhg]
>
> tlhIngan Hol tIv jiH.
> [I enjoy the Klingon Language]
>
> taghhwI''a' jiH.
> [I am an absolute beginer.]

You aren't as much of a learner as I was when I first started to really
focus on learning it.

> <<HOH!>>  tIv jach be'nalWIj.
> [My wife enjoys yelling, "{HOH!}".]
>
> Hoch tlhIngon Hol, neH poQ je ghaH.
> [That is all the Klingon Language she wants and needs.]
Is it really?  What about when you start speaking to her completely in
tlhIngon Hol?

> Ok those, were my first attempts to string together a sentence in Klingon,
> I hope I did OK.
>
> I first learned of the Klingon Language when I got the Klingon Dictionary
> way way back for Christmas '85. I was 13 years old, and never got farther
> than {nuqneH}. Unfortunalty, I misplaced that tome many moons ago. But I
> recently bought a brand new copy, and have begun my studies in earnest.
>
> I also enjoyed the bits about the Klingon Language in the film, _Trekkies_
> (thats where my wife learned to yell "{HoH}").
>
> I guess I caught the Klingon bug discovering a "rare" book on Klingon
> Martial arts, _Secret Fighting Arts of The Warrior Race_ by
> 'HetaQ'. Besides teaching the {betleH} it has many phrases in tlhIngan Hol
> and pIqad.
>
> I've been thinking of a Klingon name for myself. "Tadhg" is an Irish name
> that means poet, the closest I think I can come in Klingon is
> {bomwI'}. Will meditate on this further.
>
> This list seems like a great resource to help me learn tlhIngan
> Hol. Between this, pojwI' by d'Armond Speers, kli.org and
> http://www.startrek.com/library/klingon_linguistics.asp I'm well on my
> way!
Welcome to the group.  I have found that everyone here is willing to help
and I have learned a lot in just a month.  I'll leave the BG to explain KLBC
for you, but I wanted to welcome you.

Back to archive top level